Wednesday, July 11, 2007
The woes of the share house
Our little Taichemel household of one-and-a-half years is splitting up. Tai is moving to Sydney for a new job, Mel is moving closer to work. And Michael and I are getting married in October so it was all going to end soon anyway. Still, it has NOT been fun being the only one to be left on the lease, to have to interview new housemates (and contemplate the perils of having to absorb 3 persons' rent on my own if I don't find anyone), to meet some truly bizarre people, to weigh up pros and cons of smokers, short-term tenants and cleaning Nazis, to have made an offer to someone who accepted and later changed her mind while in the meantime I'd decided to turn other people down, to have to explain the whole lease and housing situation to the interviewees over and over and over again, to figure out whether I could be fridgeless and washing machine-less for a few months (the former is definitely not doable!), work out money matters with soon-to-be former housemates and also good friends - I guess it's all been another learning experience. Another lesson I'm only learning because I've moved out of home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment