Five of the girls made our second (shopping) trip to Sydney this weekend for a much needed getaway and taste of a bigger city (and better Asian food). We shopped, ate in Chinatown, and shopped… I still ♥ Sydney. I think it has a great vibe and reminds me of big Asian cities.
We also saw the Borat movie. Someone at work had told me that the movie is so wrong you don’t even know where to start in describing it. I think there were two or three scenes that were a bit too mean, but a lot of it was really funny.
On Sunday morning, Yen and Ro took Mirren and I to visit Hillsong church. It was really interesting. Actually, I really enjoyed the service. There are a few things that I disagree with about Pentecostal churches, but then all denomination have their differences. Clearly, Hillsong has blessed a lot of people, done heaps of great work in the community, and has amazing services and dynamic leaders. There are huge advantages in having a lot of money, and they’ve used a lot of that for good. I couldn’t help being inspired and touched by the music and the preaching, even if I didn’t agree with everything that was said.
After church we went to Bills for brunch (one of Bill Granger’s cafés) and had delicious ricotta pancakes. Yen and I talked weddings and chair covers – I’m surprised that I’m enjoying the wedding talk. If you had tried to talk to me about chair covers or veils or floral arrangements 6 months ago it would have been a short conversation. I suppose it’s all on a need-to-discuss basis. Which is why I’m surprised to find the process almost fun. Weird.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I knew you would get into the whole wedding talk thing!!! Hehehe! Glad you're finding it fun!!! Can't wait to see you soon!
Love, Liz
Post a Comment