November 18
Michael came to Canberra on Saturday November 18, took me for a lovely dinner, and then a mysterious walk at Commonwealth Place between flagpoles and walls before reaching a point overlooking the War Memorial on one side and Parliament and Old Parliament House on the other, where scattered rose petals covered the ground and he proposed.
Life as a fiancée
Everyone has been so excited about it all, yesterday at work I just kept getting emails and people coming to talk about weddings and rings. It has been kind of fun! I am not one of those girls who knows all (or anything) about diamonds, and being asked about ring details I really struggled. Michael actually wrote down the specifications of the diamond for me before he left, but I looked at the piece of paper and promptly forgot half the letters and numbers, let alone what they meant. So on Monday one of the ladies in my unit came and sat down with me and gave me a diamond lesson, going through the 4Cs, listing the different colours and clarities and all the rest and drawing diagrams of what is meant by an 'ideal cut' etc etc... So now I know a little bit more! But I think it is the guys who learn an awful lot about diamonds because they're the ones who make the big investment!
Despite my cluelessness about the technicalities, I love the ring and think it's beautiful, and from what everyone has said, Michael has made an excellent choice :)
Let the planning begin...
Similarly to the whole diamond issue, I've never put a whole lot of thought into wedding matters, other than thinking I would enjoy shopping for a dress... I still think the whole project sounds daunting. But as I intend to tell myself 100 times over the next 10 months or so, it is about a marriage moreso than a wedding.
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
congrats again hon! i'm glad someone is joining me in bridezilla land, filled with silk ceiling drapes, chaircovers and bows! haha =D
Hey Cheryl!
Huge congratulations again!!! :) I'm sure Michael made an excellent choice with the ring :)
Looking forward to all the chats and discussions about your wedding!
Cya soon!
Love, Liz
hey cheryl - it's grace - congrats, i am hugely happy for u both! u r marrying a fine man!
but yes, an important thing to remember - that it's the marriage that is important. certainly helped me keep things in perspective.
give us a shout if u want help from perth :).
congrats ~~!!! :) a match made in heaven. let me know if u're dropping by kl yeh?
take care meantime.
laterz
Post a Comment