Uniform Housewarming Party
On Saturday night we went to yet another grad housewarming. The theme was, wear a uniform of some description. There were some interesting creations - a few SES members, nuns, doctors, marching band members, a curling team, and 'school uniforms' for those of us who were lazy. 
Craig & Dave - 2 members of the 'Ijong St Curlers'

Me with Rithy
Tree Planting
On Sunday we went tree planting at Cotter Dam - about half an hour out from the city. It's a bit of a regular event for Greening Australia, and part of an effort to replant some of the plant life burned down in the ACT bush fires. It was definitely something different, being out in the bush, digging holes in the ground and putting little plants in, hoping that they will somehow grow into big trees to cover the hills again.

Yes, it really is the bush out here!!

Nicole and Mel watering a newly planted tree
Working at Treasury
I haven't said much about work yet, but everyone has been asking. I can honestly say I love my job, as much as it is possible for one to love working! I actually look forward to walking into the building every morning, and to seeing my colleagues, and being in discussions about issues that are so interesting and affect so many people. None of the concerns I had about the perils of working life have really arisen here - there is no office politics in my section, everyone is supportive and helpful, people are appreciative of each other and give credit where credit is due, the whole work/life balance thing actually exists rather than just being an ideal, there's a good balance of policy work, academic content and interaction, and there are regular dramas to keep us entertained and brainstorming, either from the Treasurer's office, something said or done by the Opposition, or in the media.
That's all for now .. post a comment if you're reading, I'd love to hear from you!
4 comments:
cheryl pls get a flobberchatterbox thingy pls!!! hahaha and ur wkplace oh man makes me wana go work there hahah!!! i thot such a wkplace never existed!!!
oh btw that was me hehe - may
Hey May! ok ok.. will consider the flobber thing. it annoys me a bit.
yeah, come work here!! hahahah. I never thought such a workplace existed either. Which makes me think I shouldn't stay here too long because it's not real. Weird hey.
Hey cheryl!
Cool stuff! Sounds like you really are living it up and enjoying your youth!!! I shall have to tell everyone that Canberra is THE place to be!!! :)
May, when is your next trip back? :) - oops it juz occurred to me why am i "talking" to May on Cheryl's blog.. hahaha!
Love, Liz
Post a Comment