
We spent 4 days in Sydney over Easter. Yen was really nice and let us stay at her apartment in Randwick which was a great location, and a great apartment - thanks Yen!! Friday night Maria and I went to the James Blunt concert - it was awesome. Unfortunately the pictures don't do justice to how close we were - I could see him blink! He was very different in concert to how we expected from his album - much less mellow, more energetic, charismatic. It was only a small venue (maybe 6,000 people?) but totally packed, there were people literally standing on me at the beginning. He has such a beautiful voice.
Anyway.. unfortunately I have hardly any other photos from Sydney on my camera - most of my paltry 128MB memory card was used taking video clips at the concert.
We spent most of Saturday at DFO (Direct Factory Outlets) in Homebush where a couple of the girls spent crazy amounts of money. Saturday night we went to a few places including The World, a pretty cool bar that is famous for its 'Teapots' - they serve cocktails in Chinese teapots! It was pretty hard to get one because they were so popular but we persevered!
On Sunday we caught the ferry from Circular Quay to Manley beach - it was such a nice day to relax, have lunch in front of the water, and walk around the markets. In the evening we had dinner at Coogee beach... because we know we will be beach deprived back in Canberra!

Mirren and Rithy in a Sydney cafe
4 comments:
i'm the first to post a comment!!! woo hooo...jz wana say im so jealous!!! i love james blunt...:( and we dun get his concert here....alrighty u take care yea and i'll talk to u soon
luv,
may
i'm the first to post a comment!!! woo hooo...jz wana say im so jealous!!! i love james blunt...:( and we dun get his concert here....alrighty u take care yea and i'll talk to u soon
luv,
may
Hey! I'm the second one! And now I know who "Boo" is! MAY!!! U didnt sign your name on my Blog... hahaha!
Cheryl - fantastic idea, you're part of my inspiration for setting up my own Blog - and yes now I know who James Blunt is - hahaha!
Great to hear you're having such a great time!
Love always, Liz
Yay another James Blunt fan!! I can show you short video clips May..hahaha.. and I'm glad you now know what he looks like Elizabeth! My two very different friends.. :P
Post a Comment