Monday, April 10, 2006

Welcome to my world

HeLLO! I've been in Canberra for over 2 months now and people back home have been asking to see pics of the apartment or the place in general ... and I realised how few I have taken! But this is my attempt at updating you all on some of the things I've been doing since moving to the nation's Capital.

I'm staying in a 3 bedroom apartment with two friends from Perth - Tai and Melanie - and we have been getting along famously ;) Well maybe not exactly, but we really are pretty good friends - we cook, eat and shop together, and have such long conversations over dinner that I am often sleeping after midnight on weeknights these days... such a change from the Perth days! And then wandering into work the next day half asleep...




I just took a picture of the living area in our apartment - it's not particularly tidy at the moment but it's OK. We are in the process of getting approval to put hooks in the wall to hang up Tai's paintings :P It's such a huge living area we don't know what else to do with all the empty space!





Maria, me, Heather and Shaz at Skyfire. Lee Harding played which was NOT exciting. But a couple of weeks later there was a free concert with Alex Lloyd that was way better!








We made a trip to Sydney a couple of weeks ago, and I'm going again this Easter weekend with some of the other grads. We're going to the James Blunt concert and to hit the shops!















A couple of pictures from my birthday on March 20 - we had dinner at a place in Civic (the city) with the Treasury grads - you can kind of see Mel, Heather, James and Phillip. And Kylie, Mirren and Chrissy made delicious cake :)

No comments: