Neither of us was sleeping well in the week leading up to the wedding when we were back in Perth. There was so much to do. Lots of last minute preparation, and then of course all the people to see and catch up with while we were back. During that last week, we just couldn't wait for the wedding day to come and be over with!
The day itself was something else - we had a ball. I don't think either of us expected to enjoy it as much as we did. Then again, neither of us was expecting perfection. We went in with fairly low expectations - let's try to get through the day and smile at as many flashing cameras as we can, shake as many hands as possible, say our thank yous, do the bridal waltz, cut the cake etc. But we had such a great time. And we were so happy that people enjoyed themselves. It felt so special to have all our friends together in one place, and that people were happy for us and sharing the day with us. I'm so thankful for all the people who helped with different things, and the people who flew all the way from interstate or overseas to be there.
I don't have many photos yet... so if you took any please send them to us!! I was so determined to be normal and just talk to whoever I was talking to, that we didn't make the rounds of all the tables or take photos with each table at the reception.
The day after the wedding we flew out of Perth for a 10-day honeymoon in Thailand. We spent 3 nights in Bangkok and 7 nights in Phuket and it was so needed!
We then had two more celebrations with the relatives & family friends on Michael's side, in Hong Kong and China.
It is nice to be back in the Capital - though we are living in my sharehouse, still kettleless and now crusading against the moths of Canberra, we're married and I'm relishing not having to say goodbye to Michael every evening anymore.
1 comment:
I love that green photo! :) hehehe! Thanks for letting me be a part of your very special day! :)
Post a Comment