Monday, March 12, 2007

Fitness First

I changed gyms recently. All of last year I'd been going to this little one near my house which is pretty decent - has all the requisite classes and a small selection of equipment, as well as lots of friendly faces. And it was reasonably priced.

But last week I started going to Fitness First and it's awesome. It's five minutes drive from anywhere I'm ever likely to be, got heaps and heaps of equipment (I swear the treadmills are kinder to your knees at this gym, and my beloved cross trainers are in ample supply), and TVs with sound to entertain while you're exercising.

Perhaps the best thing about the new gym is the classes - the group fitness room is just massive and the atmosphere is on a completely different level to my old gym. There's a big stage with two or three instructors at the front, and the classes are packed with over a hundred people. The music pumps out and with that many people hyped up and running around, you get an adrenalin rush just being there that makes you forget everything you were doing or thinking before you got to the class and push yourself further past the pain barrier. It was so good.

No comments: